Thursday, July 22, 2010

The 10 Spot!

I got together with our resident and ''professional'' couch potato Rashad Reed in this installment of the 10 spot. 10 questions, 10 answers given by the man who pulls no punches and tells it like it is. Enjoy this hilarious and shrewd Q and A that this week focuses on MJ and Magics responses to LBJ going to South Beach, Brett Favre, Stephen Strasburg and much much more. Rashad holds back nothing this week and lets some of sports biggest names have it!


EV- Alright Rashad, let us dive right in. What are your thoughts on Micheal Jordan's reaction to Lebron James joining the Miami Heat?

RR- I look at it two ways. One, when the legends speak, you listen, and the other, guys are just looking to get on the news with their opinion. I'm a Heat fan, so of course I like seeing the "Three Kings" together, but as a person who follows sports I'll say this. Kevin Garnett, one of the better NBA players during his career spent more than a decade in Minnesota, getting eliminated year after year in the first round. He showed loyalty by staying, and what did that get him?? Nothing!! He had to go to Boston before getting a ring, but did it at such a young age, to where now hes on his last legs. I don't fault Lebron, but Jordan has to understand, the game is different now, guys don't hate each other anymore, their best friends. Jordan needs to realize the NBA is different now and not question the younger players. We all could question his GM skills, but......Well that's another argument..

EV- Whoa killer, that indeed is talk for another day. And to Magic Johnson's?

RR- Magic Johnson????? LOL!! Didn't this guy have his own talk show back in the day that lasted 3 weeks?? You, sir have no credibility to talk about anyone. I mean yea you didn't play with (cough, cough) Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper to win titles. Hey Magic, why not go sign up for Hooked on Phonics, so we don't have to hear you butcher the English language anymore during the Finals!!

EV- Now that's just wrong Double R! Now moving on to another great point guard, Chris Paul recently divulged his desire to be apart of a contender, and now he wants out of New Orleans. Your thoughts?

RR- CP3 wanting to head to a contender?? All I can say is WOW!! Ive always loved his game and think He and Amare could be a force. I mean he made Tyson Chandler look good and get him a huge contract, what do you think he and Amare would do?? Or even Dwight Howard for that matter... But it goes back to my first point. Guys don't care about loyalty, they want to win, and win now. I cant fault him for that. Go get your ring CP3!


EV- I have to say I would enjoy watching CP3 in NY with Amare as well. Now to boxing, Will Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao ever fight and what do you think is halting talks?

RR- I go both ways on this. Part of me says that Pac-man is dirty, but the other side says that Mayweather is making up an excuse to get out of the fight. I'm gonna go with my gut and say Mayweather knows that he cant beat Pac-man. I mean 68 year old Sugar Shane Mosley almost knocked him down, so I know Pac-Man could knock him out. I don't think we will ever see this fight, which is sad, because it could possibly be the match that makes boxing relevant again.


EV- OK, OK. I am on the fence with that last one, but here is someone who just needs a job. Will Terrell Owens have a team before the start of camp?

RR- Question... How did an unemployed football player get a reality show?? Seems like T.O. is more worried about acting to me right now. Seriously though, I do think its his past that is killing him right now. No one wants that cancer in their locker room. But I bet someone (DA RAIDERS) will take a fly er on him during training camp. AT least they have a QB now, and got rid of Mr PURPLE DRANK!!!

EV- LOL! Speaking of QB's, Brett Favre watch is back in full effect. Excited?

RR- Brett Favre!! If anyone knows me, they know I cannot stand this guy. Ive never seen such a selfish athlete in my life. He knows full well hes going to play this year, but yet we go through this every year. He's the biggest baby in pro sports. 10x worse than T.O. How can anyone on that team take him seriously. While they bust their butts in training camp, hes playing "catch" with high schoolers. Please!! Give me a break. Brad Childress has lost all credibility to me. He should demote himself to assistant head coach, and turn things over to Coach Favre and let him do whatever he pleases. Maybe that will get him into camp earlier. Coach Favre with whistle in hand, having guys run stadium steps or giving him extra push ups. This guy needs to go away forever. The worst teammate ever, and such a Media Whore.

EV- Wow! Tell us how you really feel. On to baseball where Houston Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt wants the 16 Million dollar option on his contract for 2012 to be honored by any team trading for him before he agrees to a move. Smart or dumb?

RR- Roy Oswalt isn't worth 16 million to me....Heck he isn't worth 8 million. When I think of the best starting pitchers in the National League right now, his name doesn't even ring a bell. I think teams trading for him will be making a HUGE mistake. Hes been injury prone over the past 2 seasons, and he doesn't dominate anymore. And you wanna know how I know this??? I had him on my fantasy baseball team last year, and he sucked!!!

EV- I hear that. So with that being said and for argument sake we will leave him out of this question. Stephen Strasburg continues to pitch well. Ubaldo Jimenez continues to struggle. With Josh Johnson, Tim Lincecum, Zack Grienke and the above mentioned all on the table in your fantasy draft, who you taking to start a franchise today?

RR- Strasburg is the real deal, at first I didn't want to believe it, but he is. Guys like John Kruk need to relax though, listening to Kruk you"ll think its a injustice that he isn't in the Hall of Fame yet. I digress.. If I were building a team today, I'd have to go with Josh Johnson. The guy is a stud and has a ERA under 1.70..Are you kidding me under 1.70?? Were going into August and that's his ERA?? I have the pleasure of watching him every 5 days and let me tell you, hes one of the best young pitchers in the game today.

EV- That is an amazing stat. Sticking with baseball, Lou Pinella announced he would retire at seasons end. What is his legacy and have any Lou moments that standout?

RR- Sweet Lou.. When I think of Lou, I think of his blowups, and ejections..Years ago while still the Devil Rays I watched their games, just to see him lose it on the bench, or come charging at an umpire. With him and Bobby Cox retiring we need Ozzie Guillen to step up and fill the shoes of these 2 legends!!

EV- Ozzie always seems to make an appearence when there is talk of blow ups and ejections. Here is a case of rejection though. Reggie Bush is being singled out by USC in their removal of his 2005 Heisman trophy display in response to the universities recent sanctions. Is Bush being treated fairly in all this?

RR- I told Reggie Bush I would make his life a living hell if he dated my ex Kim Kardashian..lol...Seriously, I do think a bit of it is unfair. We all know he wasn't the only one. Everybody, from Lendale White, Matt Leinart, and others enjoyed free items. These guys were at the Playboy Mansion, can you honestly tell me that these guys really went to class at all? They were movie stars in college, and now they wanna lay all blame on Reggie. I'm not siding with Bush, but I think more of the truth needs to come out. And Pete Carroll should be held accountable for what went on. He gets a free pass since he took his "dream job" with the Seahawks...I mean who wants to Coach the Seahawks??? They haven't done anything since making the Super Bowl back in 2005.

There you have it folks! Thanks go out to Rashad Reed for taking the time to answer our 10 hot button questions of the week. Thanks to those that contributed with their inquiries. And as always, thanks to all of our followers for reading, and look out for the next segment of the ''10 SPOT!''

By Ephraim Vega
-Blog or Bust News-

No comments:

Post a Comment