Thursday, July 8, 2010

The 10 Spot!

I got together with our resident and ''professional'' couch potato Rashad Reed in this installment of the 10 spot. 10 questions, 10 answers given by the man who pulls no punches and tells it like it is. Enjoy this hilarious and shrewd Q and A that touches on NBA free agency, the World Cup and much, much more. Enjoy!

EV- The MLB All-Star votes are in and rosters are all but final. Who are your All-Star snubs?

RR- Well, before talking about snubs, I gotta get this off my chest. Can we please take the fan vote out of the equation?? I mean seriously, Yadier Molina voted in as the starting catcher?? Hes batting .229 with 3 home runs..Are you serious?? Look at Jayson Hayward, great story, but the kid is batting .251, there are many outfielders having a better season. JOEY VOTTO....Reached base 41 straight games, .313 ave, 19 HR, 57 RBI, 51 Runs 7 SB, gold glove caliber D......LEADING A FIRST PLACE TEAM!!!!! Biggest snub ever!! Omar Infante???? Omar Infante??? How does he make the all-star team? He must have blackmail photos of Phillies manager Charlie Manuel to pull this off!!

EV- The World Cup final is set, and it pits Spain vs The Netherlands. In the words of Money Mayweather...''Who you picking?''

RR- This is the first World Cup Ive watched, and I must admit, I'm hooked. I'd like to see the Netherlands win on Sunday. Hopefully one day we will see the USA make it to a World Cup final.

EV- OK, OK, OK....So your boy Dwayne Wade swayed arguably this free agents class biggest sidekick. Are the Heat destined to follow in the Boston Celtics shoes and win it all next season?

RR- Hmm....Waiting to see what Le-Diva decides to do. As of right now Wade-Bosh are not enough to win the East. Maybe 4Th best in the East, depending on what guys pat Riley can surround them with. Now I have to say this, I'm a fan of Le-Diva, but seriously?? A hour long special to announce where your going to play?? Jordan never did this. He just said "I'm back". Hes acting like hes the greatest player ever, yet he still hasn't won a NBA Finals game.

EV- Now that Wade and Bosh are secured in Miami, does Pat Riley land the mother load and get Lebron James as well?


RR- OK, let me continue my rant on Le-Diva. If hes serious about winning he will go to Miami, if he wants to continue to feed his ego he will go back to Cleveland. I mean, there is nothing in Cleveland. Are you going to win a title with the disappearing Mo Williams??, or the non-clutch average player Antwan Jamison? But i will say, he should go to the Knicks, that would make the NBA happy, and old school fans happy, the Knicks would be relevant again and you would have the Celtics, Magic, Heat, Bulls, and Knicks all competing for the Eastern Conference.

EV- Kevin Durant wasted no time in signing a contract extension this past week worth a reported $86 Million over 5 years. Based on the hype this free agent off season has incurred, was Durant smart or dumb to sign and not test the market sooner than later?

RR- I love it! Durant showed that he wants to be a part of the monster they're building in OKC. Hes loyal, he wants to win, and he re-signed without any fan fare. One of my top 5 players in the league.

EV- Carlos Boozer has agreed to terms with the Chicago Bulls and join a very talented group of young players. Is that enough to land Lebron James?

RR- LOL!! Carlos Boozer...Ive never liked this guys game. Yea, he puts up 20 points, but he isn't my typical power forward. I like their team with Noah, Rose, and Deng, but I don't think Lebron wants to follow in MJ's footsteps. Oh and did you hear the report of Boozer calling Le-Diva last night?? How'd that convo go..."Hey Le-Diva, I know I promised I'd come back to Cleveland after your rookie season, then turned my back and bounced to Utah, but give me another chance. If i was Le-Diva I would have hit the ignore button when I saw that call coming through.

EV- A'mare Stoudemire is apparently texting and calling Lebron James in the hope to recruit him to the New York Knicks. Good fit for the King?


RR- How do these guys all have each others phone numbers??? I kid, I kid..I think it would be a great fit. James & Amare would be a dynamic duo. I bet David Stern hopes this happens. I want Heat-Knicks again, just like the old days!!!

EV- According to Virginia prosecutors, Micheal Vick was in some sort of confrontation prior to the shooting that occurred at a birthday party held for Vick. Is Vick's future in the NFL quickly coming to an end?

RR- What is wrong with this guy?? I really tried giving him a chance, but why in the hell do you put yourself in a situation like this??You have no margin for error and your going to do something stupid, like inviting the general public to your party?? His younger brother Marcus Vick, got arrested many times while in college and during a brief pro career. Its obvious the Vick boys aren't very smart. Its sad too, very talented players but were given too much while they were younger.

EV- What are your thoughts post UFC 116, and the performance of both Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin?


RR- Wow!!!! What a fight!! I will admit I was a little shocked that the ref didn't stop the fight in the first round while Carwin was dominating Brock. I'm glad he didn't though. And then the comeback by Brock in the 2ND round!! He's evolving into a real good MMA fighter. He made Carwin tap out!! This guy was just as big as him and he hung in there and won. I have nothing but respect for that.

EV- Perhaps flying under the radar this free agent off season is the Celtics resigning of both Paul Pierce and most recently Ray Allen. Are the C's still a force in the east?

RR- The "old" men have kept most of the team together, but I still think they need to find someone to replace Perkins, who might be out til January or February. Ive heard the Shaq might end up in Boston. If that happens, then yes, they are still favorites in the East. But we all know I will always root against a team led by Paul Pierce..lol


By Ephraim Vega
-Blog or Bust News-

No comments:

Post a Comment